Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are so good !!! I use the sauce from the bottom of my slow cooker. Very good sauce.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, and place wingettes on broiler pan.
- Broil 10 minutes on each side.
- Transfer wingettes to large slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and spoon over wingettes.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring once during cooking to coat chicken evenly with sauce.
Yummy wings! I have a newer crockpot that heats quickly, so next time I will reduce the cooking time a little bit because they were cooked a little longer than needed. Not the recipes fault - but my fault . Thanks Doug for another keeper. Congrats again on your Football win!
Excellent wings!...I made as posted but threw them back in the oven to crisp them up a bit...there was lots of sauce left over...but due to the amount of sodium I decided not to keep it...but it sure tasted good...:( it was a sad moment when I tossed it...I guess I could have kept it and made another batch of these yummy wings...live and learn...thanks for sharing your recipe...=)
Made this for the game "Everyday is a holiday." Very good recipe. I doubled the garlic as a personal preference. Very easy recipe to make and well worth the effort. I will be keeping this recipe in my collection. Thanks for such a good recipe.