Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the web, but I can't remember where. I served this with rice and asparagus. It would be great on egg noodles or on a sub roll with sauteed assorted bell pepper. With this is another recipe for teriyaki sauce. You can double the teriyaki sauce recipe to serve along side or tossed with the meatballs.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, fresh
- vegetable oil, for spraying
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, carrot, egg, teriyaki sauce and bread crumbs. Blend well.
- Using a 2-ounce scoop, form meatballs with wet hands and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray meatballs with vegetable oil.
- Roast in a 375° F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through. Serve meatballs with extra teriyaki sauce, rice and/or pasta.
- Sauce Directions:.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Blend well and heat in sauce pan, if desired.
Good sauce but meatballs were way way way too salty... Couldn't even eat them. Maybe try 1/4 Teriyaki or even 2-3 tbls.
I should have read the reviews first and doubled the teriyaki sauce. There isn't enough sauce for the recipe let alone extra for serving.
This is a great recipe!!! I doubled the teriyaki sauce and stirfried broccoli and carrots with scallions to go along with the meatballs. Delicious. I'll be making again soon. My family loved this!!! Thanks for sharing VickyJ Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y Tag