Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Healthful and Satisfying. These moist turkey burgers are sure to please your guests, great on a barbeque or in a pan. No condiments required! I developed this recipe because I was curious about whether I could make a turkey burger without using eggs or bread crumbs as filler. If you are planning to grill these on a barbeque, it helps to make the patties early and freeze them first. This will allow it to hold shape long enough for the turkey to release the small amount of fat that will hold it together.
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- 473.18 ml grated carrots
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 236.59 ml teriyaki sauce
- 453.59 g can crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
- 453.59 g cansliced pineapple (in juice, not syrup)
- 4 whole grain buns
- Drain crushed pineapple; combine drained pineapple with carrots, onions, ginger and teriyaki sauce. Allow to marinate one hour.
- Strain the carrots, pineapple and onions, reserving the teriyaki mixture.
- Add the strained carrots, pineapple and onions to the turkey meat. Mix thoroughly. Form the mixture into even patties and freeze until ready to grill.
- Drain the juice from the sliced pineapple, replace it with the reserved teriyaki mixture. Allow to marinate for an hour or more.
- Grill frozen patties on medium heat, flip when patty turns white around the edges. After flipping, begin grilling marinated pineapple slices about two minutes on each side.
- When patty is well done, stack on a bun with two grilled pineapple slices and serve.