2 hrs 10 mins
Mike Schafer's Note:
Healthful and Satisfying. These moist turkey burgers are sure to please your guests, great on a barbeque or in a pan. No condiments required! I developed this recipe because I was curious about whether I could make a turkey burger without using eggs or bread crumbs as filler. If you are planning to grill these on a barbeque, it helps to make the patties early and freeze them first. This will allow it to hold shape long enough for the turkey to release the small amount of fat that will hold it together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain crushed pineapple; combine drained pineapple with carrots, onions, ginger and teriyaki sauce. Allow to marinate one hour.
- 2Strain the carrots, pineapple and onions, reserving the teriyaki mixture.
- 3Add the strained carrots, pineapple and onions to the turkey meat. Mix thoroughly. Form the mixture into even patties and freeze until ready to grill.
- 4Drain the juice from the sliced pineapple, replace it with the reserved teriyaki mixture. Allow to marinate for an hour or more.
- 5Grill frozen patties on medium heat, flip when patty turns white around the edges. After flipping, begin grilling marinated pineapple slices about two minutes on each side.
- 6When patty is well done, stack on a bun with two grilled pineapple slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Turkey Burgers With Grilled Pineapple Slices
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 2907.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns