Recipe by KEA-CA
Out of the Ottawa Citizen Food Section
Top Review by Ck2plz
Great! The ingredients blend well. None of the ingredients overpowered the burger. I used dry ginger but I bet the real ginger would make it even better. I may put another 1/2 or whole green onion. I did eat the burger with cucumbers and wasabi sauce from the deli. Great combo. You could change the toppings to your liking. Maybe teriyaki sauce and pineapple ring. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground turkey, garlic, ginger, green oions, sesame seed and breadcrumbs. Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill burgers for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Internal temperature should be 165°F.
- Mix together mayonnaise and wasabi paste; spread on 6 lightly toasted buns.
- Serve with sliced cucumber, watercress or arugula.