Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe online, tweaked it a little and it turned out fabulous so I had to share! Prep time includes cooking time.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup of finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided (I used Lawry's with pineapple juice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 buns
- Mix by hand the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic salt, black pepper and 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce until well incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 4 eaqual parts and form them into patties.
- Grill the burgers basting with the extra teriyaki sauce, takes 15-20 minutes.
- When the burgers are almost done top with the cheese and throw the pineapple rings on the grill.
- Take them off when the cheese is melted and take the pineapples off when you have nice grill marks on both sides.
- **We butter the buns and toast them on the grill or toaster oven and we use mayo**.
Made for Spring into Summer Tag. These were excellent! They were extremely easy and I will make these again. The only thing that I did different was to use a mix of frozen peppers (red, yellow, green) which game them a wonderful color. Thanks for posting this Heidi.
These were the tastiest turkey burgers I've ever tried. The seasoning was perfect! I added avocado to the burgers. Delicious!