Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is so moist and tender with a wonderful sweet soy flavor. I used apple juice rather than sherry and my kids loved it. I loved using only the turkey breast since I didn't have mountains of turkey left over. I also made soup from the turkey carcass which was really good and retained enough of the flavor of the marinade to make it interesting. It's from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking, submitted by Marvin Hayes. Be sure to allow time to marinate overnight which I have not included in the cooking time.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 lb) bone-in turkey breast
- Combine first seven ingredients; mix well.
- Pour 1 cup marinade in a large ziploc plastic bag; add turkey breast.
- Seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Made just as directed, but with a smaller turkey breast. This made a beautiful glaze, it really presented well. The taste was good, but not the outstanding flavor I'd hoped for. I am sorry to say I like traditionally prepared, simple roast turkey better. Though tasty, I probably won't make this again.
I thank you ever so much for posting this! Quick Cooking site does not have it and I e-mailed them and got only an automated try our site for recipes search. I really liked how you added the man's name who had it in there too. I could not remember it. He said it was the best turkey and he was right! So tender and juicy and full of flavor! Looked on the net as I thought about it and never came up before, you know how that goes... Maybe I had the words inreverse or Quick Cooking in it. I have every one of my issues and lost only one that had this in there- figures... I made it a few times and it was our favorite! The turkey breast idea vriation of yours was great! I would LOVE your soup recipe with this turkey! PLEASE! My family really thanks you! My son was so excited I found it!