I couldn't decide what to make for dinner tonight. Just the kids and I were home and I came across a recipe that sounded interesting for something like this. I changed it around to what I wanted (and made regular tortilla pizzas for the kids). It was really tasty! Be warned though, that this is really messy. I like to use a lot of teriyaki sauce but it does run off the tortilla a bit. You'll definitely need to eat it over a plate!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of the tortilla with cooking spray.
- Spread the teriyaki sauce on the tortilla.
- Scatter the cheese on top of the teriyaki sauce.
- Stack the 2 pineapple slices on top of each other and cut them into small chunks.
- Scatter them on top of the cheese.
- Chunk up the deli ham and put it on the tortilla along with the pineapple.
- Place a baking pan on a bottom rack of the oven. Put the tortilla directly onto the rack above the pan (so the pan can catch any falling juice or falling pineapple in my case!).
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove it from the oven to cool a bit before you eat it.
- Eat it over a plate because this is juicy!
This is SO good! I made mine with the Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce. On top of that I put some sliced up lettuce, some strips of chicken (that I had coated in some flour and cornmeal before quick frying) and some grated marble cheese. I didn't spray or grease my tortilla. Instead, I put some cornmeal on my pizza stone and plunked the tortilla on top of it. No sticking at all! I LOVED the edges of the tortilla! They got all crispy and flaky! Lovely. I will use this as a great way to have a quick lunch for myself. Thanks!
Awesome! This was so so good. I used 1/2 cup of ff mozz, and extra ham. Very tasty ladypit, thanks!
Most excellent idea. I cooked some crumbled sausage and used that instead of ham and used pineapple tidbits rather than slices. This is one I'll make often when I want something quick and tasty!