Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a take on a philly cheese steak sandwich with a little twist! Very yummy!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- vegetable oil
- 7 1⁄2 ounces super firm tofu
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 hoagie rolls
- Heat saute pan on medium high heat with olive oil. Add tofu and saute until lightly browned.
- Turn heat down to medium and add onions and green peppers; cook until slightly softened then add mushrooms and do the same.
- Meanwhile, prepare hoagies with desired condiments: mayo,cheese,etc. (leave lettuce and tomato for last).
- When mushrooms are slightly softened turn heat to low then drizzle teriyaki sauce a little at a time until mixture is coated. Heat for just a couple of minutes making sure not to burn.
- Spoon mixture onto hoagie buns, top with lettuce, tomato,etc and enjoy.
- This recipe is delicious served with french fries or tater tots or you could spoon mixture on rice for an oriental dinner!
nothing special. it was a bit bland actually. i would marinate the tofu long before to give it some kick and melt some white cheese over it. to me it didn't feel anything like a philly sandwich.