Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister sent me this, she says it is really good. I see she got it off Food Network somewhere.
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled & minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine, mediun-dry
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs salmon steaks
- In a bowl whisk first six ingredients together.
- Add the salmon and let it marinate in the soy mixture, turning it once, for 5 minutes each side.
- Transfer the salmon to the oiled rack of broiler about 6 inches from the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reserve the marinade in a small saucepan and while salmon is cooking boil the marinade until it is reduced by half.
- Brush the salmon with some of the marinade, turn the steak, and brush it with the remaining marinade.
- Broil the salmon for 5 minute more, or until it is springy to the touch and just cooked through, transfer it to a cutting board.
- Cut and serve.
Very good salmon! I marinated my steaks for 8 hours. I also really cut down on the amount of salt. The whole famiy enjoyed this. I'll make this again. Thanx for posting.