Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple side dish to accompany any Asian style meal.
- 2 parsnips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cut the parsnips into batons.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the parsnips until softened, then add the brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Pour the sesame oil over the parsnips and sprinkle over the sesame seeds and mix well.
- Serve either hot or at room temperature.
- The finished parsnips should be slightly crunchy.