Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent for a summertime grill-fest.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mahi mahi fillets, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For salsa: add all ingredients together in a bowl; taste and see if you want to add salt (this is one of the few things I don't add salt to).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Put cubed fish in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag; add the teriyaki, sherry, and garlic.
- Seal bag and shake to coat fish.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pour fish into a wok made for the grill and let drain over the sink.
- Place wok on grill over hot coals; stir grill for 7-8 minutes, tossing with wooden utensils (I use wooden spoons).
- Can close the grill lid for 2-3 minutes to heat thoroughly.
- Fish is done when they are easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve with salsa.