Recipe by Chef SuzyQ
We love these at our house. The best part about them is the flavor--the second best part is how quick and easy they go together! From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 5 stars. I just made these tonight out of mt Taste Of Home Quick Cooking cookbook. I basically followed the recipe except I doubled the sauce and meat, I used frozen veggies, and left off the pineapple. My family loved these even my picky 11 & 10 year old nephews! Making this again for sure! Thank you for sharing so I could rate it!
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 pineapple slices
- 4 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine steak sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak, peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved sauce; top with pineapple.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon meat mixture onto rolls; top each with two pineapple slices.