1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Steak Sandwich With a Twist
Baby Kato's Note:
We really enjoyed this steak sandwich, it takes teriyaki to a new level. The longer it marinates the better it tastes. Tastes great at 8 hours but is even better after 24 hours. Please note that preparation time does not include the marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2Place all the marinating ingredients in a large shallow bowl and stir well.
- 3Next add the sirloin steak slices to the marinade, cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate 8 to 24 hours.
- 4When ready to assemble your sandwich take the marinated meat out of the fridge and set on counter until needed. The meat should be at room temperature before frying it.
- 5Vegetable Topping.
- 6In a large pot sauté the cabbage, garlic, salt and pepper in the sesame oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Next add the vegetable broth, vinegar and miring and braise on medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Keep warm till needed.
- 8Assembling Sandwich.
- 9Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving marinade in a small covered pot. Place the pot on medium high heat and boil for 10 minutes, watching that it doesn't boil dry. Simmer on lowest heat until needed.
- 10Panfry the steak slices on high heat in vegetable oil until lightly browned, remove from pan and put back in boiled marinade and simmer on lowest heat.
- 11Lightly toast and butter the Kaiser rolls; add the sliced steak and top with cabbage.
- 12Best when served warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Steak Sandwich With a Twist
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.2
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1493.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: