Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
These are a favourite with the kids - my nieces and nephews love these when we have family bbq's.
- 1 cup thick teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled finely grated
- 12 minute steaks
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled grated
- 6 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade, sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbs oil, 1 tbs golden syrup and ginger in ceramic dish.
- Add steaks, turn to coat and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or longer.
- Place onions in microwave safe bowl. Cover with lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir through remaining syrup. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat bbq plate until hot.
- Grease plate with remaining oil.
- Add onions, tossing for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Cook steaks until cooked to your liking.
- Arrange lettuce leaves amd carrots on rolls, top with 2 pieces steak and onions.
- Serve with potato crisps.
- A real kids meal! Both big and small.