Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love mushrooms around here. Just was trying different ingredients when I would fix them. Came up with this.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper, ginger and garlic powder.
- Add mushrooms and onions. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
Delicious mushrooms! Great on hamburgers, with grilled steak, or just over plain white rice. I usually double the sauce ingredients.
thanks for this recipe, we loved it and will make it again. i also added the sesame oil and it tasted great! and it was very simple to make :)
I made this as a side dish. I used baby bella mushrooms and sesame oil instead of cooking oil. I omitted the green onions since we don't care much for them. The mushrooms were very tasty and after they were refrigerated for a while they picked up more flavor. Thanks for the recipe.