Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet yet savory dish with shrimp and broccoli
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, 36-40 count
- 24 ounces broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 16 ounces linguine
- Prepare Teriyaki Sauce: Combine soy sauce, water, molasses, corn starch, garlic powder and Chinese five spice in a sauce pan and simmer on low until thickened.
- Prepare Broccoli: In sauce pan covered with water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat let stand for 2 minute and drain.
- Place shrimp in a bowl with very hot tap water and let stand for five minutes.
- Prepare linguine per package directions.
- Place sauce, broccoli and shrimp in a large medium high fry pan, cook for two minutes.
- Add linguine and toss reduce heat to low and let stand for five minutes.
The teriyaki sauce tasted too much like molasses, I would use honey in place of it and pineapple juice instead of the water.