Recipe by Sabia
I've just been looking for recipes involving shrimp since my husband seems to think that shrimp has no flavor. This recipe I found posted on the Tony Danza Show website and is by Chef Paula Deen. Cooking time includes marinating time. I think when I grill these I will include some pineapple on my skewers and maybe some other teriyaki soaked veges. I will also substitute the sherry for chicken broth. I'd love for anyone who cooks this before me to rate it.
Top Review by Chef Greg in Montgomery, AL
This was an excellent easy marinade for shrimp. I marinated the shrimp and threw them on skewers. I served it with teriyaki rice and grilled vegetables. Healthy eating!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shrimp in a re-sealable plastic bag. Combine the marinade ingredients in a glass bowl or measuring cup. Pour the marinade over the shrimp, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- One hour prior to grilling, start soaking wooden skewers.
- When ready to cook, thread the shrimp on the skewers, leaving a little space between each shrimp. Place the skewers in a grill basket sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Grill over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or just until cooked through. Serve hot or cold.