Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've just been looking for recipes involving shrimp since my husband seems to think that shrimp has no flavor. This recipe I found posted on the Tony Danza Show website and is by Chef Paula Deen. Cooking time includes marinating time. I think when I grill these I will include some pineapple on my skewers and maybe some other teriyaki soaked veges. I will also substitute the sherry for chicken broth. I'd love for anyone who cooks this before me to rate it.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Place the shrimp in a re-sealable plastic bag. Combine the marinade ingredients in a glass bowl or measuring cup. Pour the marinade over the shrimp, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- One hour prior to grilling, start soaking wooden skewers.
- When ready to cook, thread the shrimp on the skewers, leaving a little space between each shrimp. Place the skewers in a grill basket sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Grill over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or just until cooked through. Serve hot or cold.
This was an excellent easy marinade for shrimp. I marinated the shrimp and threw them on skewers. I served it with teriyaki rice and grilled vegetables. Healthy eating!