Recipe by Baby Chevelle
These are sooo good. My boys requested them often when they were at home. I loved to see their face light up when they had overnite guests and I told them that these were on the menu. I would hear them brag to their friends what a great cook mom was. What better compliment could I get. With a gas grill you can enjoy these year round. This is Taste of Home 1994. Prep time includes marinading overnite.
Top Review by Cooking Up Some Fun
I love teriyaki chicken and so I substituted the beef sirloin for chicken. I did not have ground ginger, but the recipe turned out wonderfully without it, and I would not feel the need to add it the next time I make this...which I most definately will! Yummy-Yummy!
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 907.18 g boneless beef sirloin, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, med.size
- 226.79 g boiling onions
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel boiling onions.
- Combine first five ingredients; toss with beef.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Thread meat, pineapple and vegetables alternating on long skewers.
- Grill over hot coals for 15 to 20 minutes, turning often, or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Simmer the marinade in a small saucepan over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove meat and vegetables from skewers; serve with marinade.