Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This I created with my favorite vegetables. I place on top of white rice. It's all gone in a flash. Even kids love it.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup onion, largely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper, to taste if desired
- Heat olive oil in large pan and add all the vegetables.
- Stir fry until tender but still slightly firm.
- Add teriyaki and soy sauce and stir to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- serve hot with white steamed rice.
This turned out great. I used a pineapple teriyaki sauce that we like that already has sesame seeds in in...and subbed broccoli for the green beans. I also added some pan fried tofu and served over brown rice. Didn't add the pepper flakes so my kids would eat it..but I bet it would be even better with some heat!
Dragon this was so good. I did use the red pepper flakes and I doubled the recipe. We had it with white rice and the seconfd time with brown, great dinner and filling. Thanks Dragon for posting. yummmmm
I never really knew how to make eggplant. I decided to try this recipe. Was a delish turnout too. I eat more than 5 servings of veggies a day but I never cooked an eggplant before. I topped my brown rice with this dish. Thank you for such a good recipe. I will make this again and now I know what to do with that big purple football...(:- ))))