Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This yummy recipe is originally from the Food Network, but has been tweaked to my taste.
Make and share this Teriyaki Sesame Chicken Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to keep them from burning during cooking.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a container large enough to hold all of the chicken.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips and submerge them in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Thread 1 chicken strip on each skewer towards end of the stick, and line up on a sheet pan.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
This was a big hit! My husband ate the equivalent of two chicken breasts at one sitting. I used the marinade to baste some tofu for the vegetarian daughter and she loved it as well! I did not add the sugar and obviously it was good without it. But I think that I would like the addition of the sugar to offset the saltiness of the teriyaki sauce. Will add that next time. Thanks for sharing!
I made this for a main dish, and left out the sugar at my guys' request. My son even asked for seconds, which is very rare. I was very happy to discover this gem. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.