Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This yummy recipe is originally from the Food Network, but has been tweaked to my taste.
- 15 (8 inch) bamboo skewers
- 8 ounces teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to keep them from burning during cooking.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a container large enough to hold all of the chicken.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips and submerge them in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Thread 1 chicken strip on each skewer towards end of the stick, and line up on a sheet pan.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
This was a big hit! My husband ate the equivalent of two chicken breasts at one sitting. I used the marinade to baste some tofu for the vegetarian daughter and she loved it as well! I did not add the sugar and obviously it was good without it. But I think that I would like the addition of the sugar to offset the saltiness of the teriyaki sauce. Will add that next time. Thanks for sharing!
I made this for a main dish, and left out the sugar at my guys' request. My son even asked for seconds, which is very rare. I was very happy to discover this gem. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.