Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good. Easy to make and well worth it.
Make and share this Teriyaki Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml rice wine
- 9.85 ml sake or 9.85 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 453.59 g large scallop
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 226.79 g asparagus, diagonally sliced into 2 inch lengths
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine, sake (or dry sherry) and sugar in medium bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add scallops and let stand for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 1/2 cups water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add asparagus.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain asparagus and keep warm.
- Drain scallops, reserving marinade.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiler pan with foil.
- Brush broiler rack with vegetable oil.
- Place scallops on rack.
- Brush lightly with marinade.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat source 4-5 minutes or until brown.
- Turn scallops with tongs and brush lightly with marinade.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes or just until scallops are opaque in center.
- Serve immediately with asparagus.
- Garnish as desired.
These were just okay. I LOVE scallops but was disappointed in the lack of yummy goodness scallops usually have.
These were good. I sauteed them as other reviewers mentioned. I also added some crushed garlic and diced ginger to the marinade. Made for ZWT6 team SSaSSy
I usually make my scallops in an Italian pasta dish, so this was a great change of pace for us. I used sake instead of the sherry, and I made extra asparagus because we love it. I also doubled the recipe because I had a two pound bag of sea scallops to use up. I mixed some of the asparagus with the scallops, and served the rest on the side, dressed with a bit of seasoned rice vinegar. The finished scallops looked like they might be dry because of the way the marinade cooked into them, but they were perfect and moist. We'll definitely be making these again, thanks for posting! Made for The Queens of Quisine for ZWT6 Asia. :)