Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I use this Teriyaki sauce quite a lot when preparing my chicken, it has a wonderful flavour....I always add quite a lot of fresh garlic, but this sauce can be prepared omitting the garlic...it is wonderful with baked chicken (just bake the chicken in the sauce) or grilled.
Top Review by Gerry
Made for a great five star meal. This Teriyaki Sauce does have a wonderful flavor and we all enjoyed it. I too added fresh garlic which I minced. I doubled this recipe using half for the marinade and half to be spooned over the grilled chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine honey, 1/3 cup water, tamari, vinegar and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix the 2 tbsp cornstarch with the remaining 1/3 cup water, until well combined.
- Add to simmering Teriyaki sauce; stir until thickened.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Note: 2-3 cloves fresh minced garlic can be added to the sauce when cooking, making it garlic Teriyaki sauce.
- Marinate the chicken in sauce for 5 or more hours.
- Grill or bake as desired.