Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use this Teriyaki sauce quite a lot when preparing my chicken, it has a wonderful flavour....I always add quite a lot of fresh garlic, but this sauce can be prepared omitting the garlic...it is wonderful with baked chicken (just bake the chicken in the sauce) or grilled.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine honey, 1/3 cup water, tamari, vinegar and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix the 2 tbsp cornstarch with the remaining 1/3 cup water, until well combined.
- Add to simmering Teriyaki sauce; stir until thickened.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Note: 2-3 cloves fresh minced garlic can be added to the sauce when cooking, making it garlic Teriyaki sauce.
- Marinate the chicken in sauce for 5 or more hours.
- Grill or bake as desired.
Made for a great five star meal. This Teriyaki Sauce does have a wonderful flavor and we all enjoyed it. I too added fresh garlic which I minced. I doubled this recipe using half for the marinade and half to be spooned over the grilled chicken.