Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the sauce from a grilled salmon with teriyaki sauce recipe I found here. I liked the sauce and wanted to use it for other things, so I am posting it for safe keeping, and to get the nutritional value. Really good!
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix all ingredients. If using as a marinade, put into a flat dish with chosen meat (chicken, fish, etc.) and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove meat from marinade to cook.
- Pour sauce into a small saucepan. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken slightly to a syrupy consistency.
- Pour sauce over meat, vegetables, etc. to serve.