Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love anything teriyaki, but some are too salty or have too much soy sauce. Found this on another sight and seems to be a good balance...
- Bring mirin to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Season with garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and black pepper; simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
This was really easy to make and I had all ingredients on hand. I marinated some pork loin chops overnight and cooked them stove-top. Very nice flavor that we enjoyed. Thanks AZPARZYCH for a nice keeper that I will make again. Made for For Your Consideration Tag.
The sauce is so easy to do. I used it to marinate steak overnight. The taste was so good. And then another day, we cooked salmon on the bbq and DH basted them with this teriyaki sauce. It was also great. This is a sauce that I will do often and keep in the fridge for when I'm looking for a marinade and don't find one when needed, I'll use this one. Thanks Nikki :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap for June 2012
Loved this wonderful recipe!!! I have been wanting a go to recipe for teriyaki sauce and this is it. Delicious flavor combination, very easy and quick to make. So much better than any sauce you can buy. Made for AZ/NZ swap.