Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I love anything teriyaki, but some are too salty or have too much soy sauce. Found this on another sight and seems to be a good balance...
Top Review by Maven in the Making
This was really delicious and so easy to make. My only comment would be that it was a little more garlickey than is my personal preference but that's an easy adjustment to manage for the next time I make it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring mirin to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Season with garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and black pepper; simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.