Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great home made substitution for all the high sodium, high in sugar, store-bought brands.
Make and share this Teriyaki Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients in covered container.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use as sauce for stir frys, or as a marinade for shrimp, chicken, steak or tofu.
- Marinate shrimp or tofu 1-2 hours.
- Marinate steak 6 hours to overnight.
- Cooking time is chill time.
Great recipe! I didn't have Teriyaki Sauce in the house but I wanted to try Funky Chicken with Sesame Noodles recipe 76930 so I used this recipe. I did use dark soy sauce as it was all I had. I think if I were to use it for chicken I will add a bit of cornstarch just to thicken it a bit as it is quite thin. Thanks for posting this!
Very good! Thanks for sharing. This was easy to prepare and used all ingredients I usually have around. I especially liked the fact that it is lower sodium.