Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh so good! This is the best homemade teriyaki sauce I have tried so far. I always double the sauce recipe so I can serve it over Chinese mixed vegetables and it is also absolutely delicious over buttered egg noodles (No-Yolk Extra Broad)
- Brown pork chops in oil.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, sherry wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes -- mix well.
- Add to pork chops and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pork chops.
- Mix cornstarch and water.
- Mix with the sauce and stir and simmer until thickened.
- Serve sauce tossed with mixed stir-fry veggies or over buttered No-Yolk noodles.
I agree. This is a great sauce! Exactly what I was looking for. Served it for dinner to 7 guests and they all wanted a copy of the recipe!
Great sauce, did not use all the cornstarch/water mix. Served this with stir-fry vegeables and noodles. Next time I will add some fresh grated ginger to give it even more flavor. Thanks for posting this!
This was a wonderful sauce. It was very easy to prepare and is a recipe that you usually have all the ingredients on hand for. After I removed the pork, to add the cornstarch, I also added chopped peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and onions to the sauce. YUMMMMMMM!! Thanks for posting, this is a great recipe.