Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This is better than bottled sauce and you know exactly what is in it. Suggest serve this with Marinated Shrimp and Scallop Brochette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor. Puree to a fine consistency.
- In a saucepan place the oil and heat it on medium until hot. Add the pureed garlic and shrimp and saute in hot oil for 1 minute.
- Add the sherry and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the sugar, coriander, cumin, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Simmer the sauce for 1 hour.