Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is good with chicken or beef,
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman brand)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until sugar is dissolved (or shake in a jar).
- Use as a marinade for beef steaks or chicken pieces. Brush with marinade while cooking.