Prep 50 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple recipe with great flavor combinations.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lime
- Combine soy sauce, vermouth, ginger, garlic powder, and brown sugar in a bowl, mixing well. Split mixture in half.
- Place salmon in a dish and cover with half the sauce mixture. Marinate for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
- Chop pineapple into small bite size peices. Don't forget to remove the core! Finely dice onions and chop cilantro.
- Combine pineapple, onions, cilantro, peppers, and salt in a large bowl. Squeeze lime juice over and stir. Set off to the side.
- In a small saucepan combine rest of sauce mixture and reduce to half over medium heat. Set this aside.
- In a large skillet or griddle spray with a nonstick spray and heat to a medium high temperature. Add the salmon and cook for about 5 minutes a side.
- Remove salmon to plates and top with sauce and salsa.