Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Copped from Chef Central
Make and share this Teriyaki Salmon With Marmalade Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless salmon fillets, not steaks
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1⁄2 cup rice wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot (about 1-inch piece)
- 6 tablespoons orange zest (about 3 large oranges worth)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Make the marmalade butter by thoroughly combining the butter and marmalade — a stand mixer with a paddle is ideal. Roll the butter in parchment paper into a 1½" wide log and store in the refrigerator to harden.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger root and orange zest and cook two minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, wine, sesame oil and honey and cook until the alcohol has evaporated. Sniff the fumes to determine this. If the fumes irritate your nose, there is still alcohol present. Cool completely.
- Pour marinade over the salmon and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Broil or grill the salmon for three minutes per side and top with the marmalade butter.
Mmmm, I so enjoyed all the flavors in this dish! The marmalade butter was so good and creamy with a little sweetness. Great meal served with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2009!