Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. This recipe never fails to be a hit, whether we broil the salmon in the oven or grill it. Be sure to plan ahead as this needs to marinate for 1 1/2 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate.
- Add salmon to remaining marinade; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon reserved marinade over fish; turn and broil for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon marinade over fish.
- Yield: 4 servings.
- Marinating time is not included in prep time, as I don't consider that "active work time".
Very tasty and super simple. I broiled this because it's too cold to be outside grilling but I want to try that as soon as I can.