Recipe by kristin.benfield
This is what I have come up with after much repetition. I have combined a few recipes and altered the ingredients to taste. We love it! We always like more of the sauce to drizzle over the rice or quinoa & veggies. If I have any sauce left over I make Teriyaki Meat balls the next night.
- 4 -6 salmon fillets
- 1 cup tamari
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, maybe less (or more)
- 1 tablespoon white wine (or sometimes omitted altogether) or 1 tablespoon mirin (or sometimes omitted altogether)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh grated gingerroot
- 6 tablespoons organic sucanat
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (to taste)
- 2 green onions or 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the sauce: Stir all ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil, stir and turn off the burner.
- Place fish in a sprayed pan lined with foil. drizzle sauce over the fish, place in oven.
- Baste often, check fish for being done after 15minutes, cook longer up to 5 more minutes if needed.
- Serve over a bed of quinoa or brown rice and fresh steamed broccoli.