Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This flavorful rice is geat by itself or with grilled chicken or salmon.
Make and share this Teriyaki Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse rice.
- Place in a pot with a tight fitting lid, along with 2 cups water, 2 bouillon cubes, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE LID.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, sauté onion, celery and carrots in butter and olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook just until mushrooms are tender.
- Add teriyaki and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir vegetables into rice and serve.
This was really good! Made a few changes. I used regular white rice with 1 tbs olive oil and the 2 bouillon cubes and cooked it 20 minutes until done. Then I added the sauted veggies but I omitted the mushrooms. Stirred it all into the cooked rice. It had a nice mild sweet flavor in the background. Will make this one again. Thanks for a great rice recipe!!