Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe this recipe is from the taste of home: the new slow cooker 2007. I haven't tryed it but it looks easy and good. For the teriyaki sauce you may want to try my grandma's recipe it is easy and good (Ma's easy teriyaki sauce Ma's Easy Teriyaki Sauce).
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons another oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, from the 20 ounce can of sliced pineapple
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices, to top the sandwiches with
- 8 whole grain buns (sure white buns would be good too)
- In skillet brown roast with oil over medium high heat. cut in half place in a slow cooker. add onion, half the cup of teriyaki sauce and the pineapple juice. cover and cook low heat for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- remove roast; set aside. in a small bowl combine the flour and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices. cover and cook without roast on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker and heat through.
- spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun and top with slice of pineapple.
- ( the recipe say nothing about this but i would definatley let the pineapple slices cook and soften up some on the oven or even throw them on the george foreman grill awhile).
Delicious! Loved the pineapple. I used white buns. :)