Recipe by HeatherFeather
A twist on the typical potato side dish - made even easier by cooking in the microwave. This was a $100 prize-winner in a Better Homes & Gardens contest (not me).
Top Review by nikbern525
Quick, easy and delicious. We make this frquently during the summer to go with our grilled dinners. We do omit the cayenne pepper and use a teriyaki marinade instead of a sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red skinned new potatoes (tiny sized, about 10)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon bottled teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 dash black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced (optional)
- sour cream, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and scrub potatoes, then cut into quarters and place into a microwave safe 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add all remaining ingredients except rosemary, tossing to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH power for 12-16 minutes (time will vary based on the wattage of your microwave) or until potatoes are tender, stirring a few times during cooking.
- If your microwave does not have a rotating base, every time you stir, you should also give the casserole a 1/4 turn so it cooks evenly.
- Stir again before serving and add rosemary and serve with sour cream on the side, if desired.