Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 3 lbs chuck roast or 3 lbs round steaks
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine pineapple syrup (save pineapple chunks for later) with soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours; turning occasionally and adding 1/2 cup water as needed.
- When roast is done blend cornstarch into 1/4 Celsius water and stir into pan juices until thickened.
- Add the pine apple chunks and green onion.
- Simmer only until pineapple and green onion is heated but still crisp.
- When substitued round steak: cut into serving size pieces and simmer only until steak is tender (about 2-2 1/2 hours).
This was a really unique way to do chuck roast. I still need to find the perfect companion recipe for a side dish (any suggestions?). I did this in my crock pot and the meat was just perfect. I liked the pineapple and green onions. They add a good flavor.