Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
In 'More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Use a 2-quart slow cooker.
- Put the olive oil into the bottom of your slow cooker and smear it around.
- After washing the mushrooms, remove and discard the stems, and cut the mushrooms into thirds.
- Place them into the slow cooker.
- Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, and ginger.
- Toss the mushrooms with spoons (or use your hands) until the flavorings are evenly distributed.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours, or on high for about 3 hours.
- Can serve over rice or either hot or cold in a sandwich.