Recipe by Abby Girl
I have served these kebabs with grilled Pineapple and garlic scented basmati rice.
Top Review by scratchcook
I used the marinade to marinate chicken breasts & then broil them (also basting occasionally with the marinade). I served it over rice with broiled pineapple. Yum!!!! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork loin roast, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and cut 1/4-inch thick
Kebab Fruit and Vegetables
- 8 pieces pineapple, 8 cubes
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 4 green onions, cut into 2 2-inch lengths
- 8 pieces red peppers, 8 cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: Combine tamari, honey, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger root in a zip lock bag. Add pork cubes and toss to coat. Cover and chill several hours or overnight, turning pork cubes at least once.
- Remove pork from zip lock bag.
- Alternate pieces of pork, pineapple, mushroms, green onions and red pepper on metal skewers.
- Preheat grill.
- Place skewers on grill and cook covered for 8 - 9 minutes, turing every 3 minutes and brushing with marinade the last 6 minutes.