Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is actually a campbells soup recipe- described as A ginger beef broth sauce turns skewered pork cubes, mushrooms and red onion wedges into tasty glazed kabobs.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1⁄4 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- MIX cornstarch, broth, soy, sugar, garlic and ginger in saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- THREAD alternately pork, mushrooms and onion on 4 long skewers.
- GRILL or broil kabobs 20 minute or until done, turning and brushing often with broth mixture.
- Thread a tomato on each skewer.
- HEAT remaining broth mixture to a boil.
- Serve with kabobs and rice.
Chi I thought these were pretty good, but I think the meat should have marinaded for a while before cooking. I am going to try this again but marinade the meat for a couple of hours before cooking and see if that improves the taste. (Lack of flavor may be that we cooked on our new Weber grill. After reading the grill book, it says that flavor will increase the more you cook on it.) Problems with the recipe include lack of temp to cook the kabobs and the recipe calls for 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced, but the instructions call for garlic powder. I decided to use a tsp of garlic powder.