Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is very tasty and easy to make. It's great having the chops in the freezer for an easy meal. The recipe comes from 30 Day Gourmet.
- 158.51 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml water
- 78.07 ml rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 8 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- Combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the pork chops in a pan and bring to boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- When the marinade is completely cool, place the chops in a labeled freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the chops and close the bag. Make sure the marinade has reached all the pork chops. Label, seal and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw completely in the refrigerator (mine took about 24 hours to thaw). Grill chops, discarding marinade, until completely cooked, about 7 or 8 minutes per side.
I had never tried a marinade you needed to cook and cool first- but it was worth it! I marinated our pork chops about an hour in the sauce. Everyone (including kiddos) raved. I will definitely add this to my limited number of OAMC recipes!
We loved this recipe, i marinated my boneless chops amd cut them in slices, then sauted the meat with the marinade on low until tender. Then i added 1/8C water mixed with abourt a tablespoon of cornstarch to it to thicken it some. I seved it over fried rice. Kids and husband devoured it.
excellent flavour and smell. I made a batch for the freezer but kept 2 back and put them in the fridge for 2 days before cooking. We had then grilled with rice and pak choy. I just glad i've got 4 more meals worth in the freezer as my husband i loved them. Many thanks.