Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this easy to make and delicous recipe in Taste of Home Light and Tasty magazine. It's a wonderful change of pace to the regulare dinner entrees and pretty healthy too. It was developed by Molly Gee of Plainwell, Mi. Hope you will enjoy it as we have.
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb boneless pork loin (cut into think strips)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 medium carrots (minced)
- 3 celery ribs (sliced)
- 4 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 6 green onions (sliced)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine 2/4 cup chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic powder . Mix well .
- Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag then add the pork.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat and refrigerate bag for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. from pork,
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 2-3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet or wok and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry broccoli and carrots in reserved marinade for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and green onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth,
- Stir into vegetable mixture and bring to a boil, cook and stir for about 1 or 2 minutes until broth mixture is thickened.
- Return pork to skillet or wok and heat through.
- Serve over rice, if desired. Enjoy ! .
My whole family really liked this recipe.
I will definitely make it again. Thank you for posting this!
This was good....not great. The pork was tasty but dry. This recipe doesn't have enough sauce. I added much needed sesame oil ,fresh garlic and gingerroot. Hubby wasn't overly thrilled and I probably wouldn't remember to make it again. On the plus side , everyone got their daily serving of veggies-thanks anyway.
Very good, my family likes it also:)