Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
found this in the Sunday paper...easy to make, and delicious. A healthy alternative to a hamburger, with a lot of flavor!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 8 whole grain buns
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Drain pineapple; reserve 1/2 cup juice. Stir together teriyaki sauce and reserved pineapple juice in small bowl.
- Mix together turkey, ginger, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup teriyaki mixture. Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill patties, brushing with remaining teriyaki mixture, until brown and cooked through. Place pineapple slices on grill and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Serve burgers on buns with cheese and pineapple.