Recipe by yooper
A very flavorful dish that comes together in minutes. Very low in fat, an added bonus! From the Better Homes and Gardens website.
Top Review by Manda
I made this yesterday, and ate it hot..had it today for lunch cold. Excellent both ways! Didn't stray from the recipe much...upped the garlic (of course), and when I had it today, I added some leftover cooked broccoli/cauliflower combo I had in the fridge, and added a bit more teriyaki, as the noodles sucked up all the sauce overnight (I hate when they do that...greedy little buggers/lol) At any rate, this recipe was fab, and one that I will definitely be making again! Thanks yooper! ~Manda
- 8 ounces penne pasta or 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix (broccoli slaw mix)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Return pasta to saucepan.
- meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ginger and garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds.
- Stir in the shredded broccoli, mushrooms and terriyaki sauce.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- To serve, toss broccoli mixture with the hot pasta and green onions.