Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooks.com Very easy to put together and my hubby was raving. Makes good meatloaf sandwiches too. Don't reduce the amount of meat without reducing the wet ingredients. This is a very moist loaf.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 slices bread, soaked in water & squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix and spoon into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes and pour off any excess juices.
- Spoon on topping. Serves 6 to 8.
I mixed this up last night using red and yellow peppers, scallions for the onion, and dried parsley. All the rest is the same. It looks nice and colorful but we weren't crazy for it. It was OK for a change and I served it with brown rice too. My youngest didn't eat it but the rest of the family thought it was OK, not bad, but I think we prefer a usual style meatloaf. Thanks for posting.