Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Japanese style marinated mushrooms made crockpot easy
- 48 ounces mushrooms, whole
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 ounces soy sauce, low sodium (or teriyaki sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- Wash mushrooms and cut off ends of stems.
- In saucepan, over low heat, combine soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, water and cooking sherry.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in sugar slowly.
- Continue to stir until melted.
- Place mushrooms and sauce in crockpot.
- Cook on low 8 – 10 hours.
- Stir every hour.
Guess I found another use for my crockpot. Wonderful mushrooms. The only alteration I made was to use half the sugar, just to lighten it up a bit. Tasted great to us. A very easy side dish that went well with our grilled steaks and baked potatoes. Thanks 1Steve.
I cooked these little beauties to have with our Thanksgiving dinner and they were wonderful. They make a great side dish or they would be a perfect appetizer . I slow cooked them for the full 8 hours. There was a lot of sauce but to keep them marinating as they cook I guess it is necessary. I cut way back on the sugar with no apparent loss of flavor. I will definately make these again and serve them as an appetizer as well as a side dish Thanks 1Steve for a keeper
These are absolutely delicious!! I made the recipe exactly as posted, except to add one clove of sliced garlic. Took these to a cookout and they were a huge hit. So easy to just toss everything in the crockpot and cook all day. I will definitely be asked to make these again!