Recipe by Steve P.
Japanese style marinated mushrooms made crockpot easy
Top Review by Sunflower
Guess I found another use for my crockpot. Wonderful mushrooms. The only alteration I made was to use half the sugar, just to lighten it up a bit. Tasted great to us. A very easy side dish that went well with our grilled steaks and baked potatoes. Thanks 1Steve.
- 48 ounces mushrooms, whole
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 ounces soy sauce, low sodium (or teriyaki sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms and cut off ends of stems.
- In saucepan, over low heat, combine soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, water and cooking sherry.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in sugar slowly.
- Continue to stir until melted.
- Place mushrooms and sauce in crockpot.
- Cook on low 8 – 10 hours.
- Stir every hour.