Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Marinated Flank Steak! This is a wonderful way to bar-b-que flank steak,it has become a real favorite of everyone I have given the recipe to...mmmmmm
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic (or more)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients and trim any fat from the flank steak.
- Score the flank steak and put into a gallon size freezer bag,add the marinade and put in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- (longer is better) Also, you may double or triple the marinade recipe and do several flank steaks and store in the freezer,just be sure to get as much air out of the bags before putting in the freezer.
- Cook the flank steak approx. 5-6 minutes on each side for medium rare.
My wife's new favorite! Followed recipe closely and grilled on gas, not charcoal. Came out perfect in less than 10 minute, 5 minutes on first side and 3 min on second side. Perfectly medium rare. I used lite soy sauce and finished with a little bit of sea salt. Let rest 5 min before cutting very thin, Thanks.....Eaomon
This recipe was quite good. The steak was very tender & flavorful. This is the only way I do flank steak. I pair it w/ white rice & sugar snap peas. I marinate it before I go to work, and it is ready to go at dinner time, as it is quite simple to grill. Perfect results every time!