Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking" I like it because it is #1, easy to prepare, and #2, so very good.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey or 1⁄2 cup sake
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine all marinade ingredients; add steak. (I put it all in a lg. ziplock baggie.) Let stand for several hours at room temperature. Remove steak from marinade before cooking. Marinade may be used as basting sauce when cooking steak.